The timeline was set, we were all ready for the wedding day, and then looked at the weather a few days before…rain forecasted all day. Obviously the weather can’t be controlled, but it’s not what any bride hopes for on her wedding day. We made a good rain plan and hoped for the best. And guess what, we were flexible….and we got a great day of portraits!
It reminds me a lot of life really. There are unlimited things we could be worried about–and many of them are things we can’t at all control. We can’t hide our heads in the sand and just pray everything turns out how we want. But neither can we work hard enough (or worry hard enough) to control circumstances that are beyond control. There’s that tension that we learn to live in between action and faith. It is both. Both action AND faith. And leaving the ultimate outcome to God with as little worry as possible. Well, Saturday was just that.
If you could sum up Lizzie and Zander’s wedding in one word, it would probably be FUN! They rolled with the whole day and soaked it in with them and their people! Some of my favorite parts of the day were:
– Their portrait location! It wasn’t the original plan, but the amphitheater stage behind the Peace Center made for the best light, while also keeping us dry during the drizzle! Bonus was that the stage was in view of the hotel suites where the wedding party and family got ready. It was a great balance that family and wedding party could watch the first look from up in the room while also giving Zander and Lizzie the space to enjoy that time solo!
– PENNY THE PUP! When we arrived at the venue, a friend had brought Penny to grab some photos with her parents before the ceremony. And let me tell you, Penny was a DREAM! Even with her floral collar! <3
– Col. Wham’s tribute to his father in law: When Lizzie’s parents got married, her grandfather walked her mom down the aisle in a pair of sunglasses. That dear grandfather has passed away, but to honor him, Col. Wham had on a pair of shades before he walked Lizzie down the aisle. It was beautiful!
– When Thoroughfare Food Truck caters the meal (and cocktail hour snacks!), it has to be listed as a highlight. So yum!
– Lizzie and Zander’s crew know how to celebrate! The dancing and celebrations went hard to the very end. It will be a night to remember for a long time!
Big hugs to you two, Lizzie and Zander! I loved getting to know you over the past year and wish you the best of everything on your next adventure! (Scroll to the bottom to see all the amazing vendors whose work helped make the day what it was!)
Venue: The Rutherford
Wedding Planner/Coordinator: Samantha Radandt with RSVP events
Hair: Cotton Rouge and Company
Makeup: Leigh Riddle Makeup
Florals: Simple Stems
Videography: Bruce Films
Cake: Buttercream Bakehouse
Catering: Thoroughfare Food Truck
Bridal Gown: Urban Set Bride
Getaway Car Rental: The Perfect Getaway
Be the first to know all the things!
Join my mailing list!