Last January, Hayes and I (and teeny baby Parker) were on our way to Charlotte for our annual weekend reunion with our college friends when I got a wedding inquiry from Claire. Who also happens to live in Charlotte. We were able to meet up for coffee while I was in town and I left that coffee meeting REALLY hoping I’d hear from them again. Her and Bennett’s kindness, authenticity, and warmth was so part of who they are that it was apparent even from our first meeting. (Plus one of my BFFs is named Bennett, and I have a friend from college who I loved named Claire. So basically…I felt like I already knew them!) And then I DID hear from them soon thereafter. The rest is history!
I texted Claire the week of the wedding to check in and see if I could do anything else to help during crunch time. She said, and I quote,”…honestly we finished everything a week or two ago so I’ve just been a bit impatient for Saturday to be here already!” She was all on top of it and planned the most beautiful and personalized Christmas wedding. I usually list some of my favorite things from the wedding day, but basically EVERYTHING from their day was a favorite!! I’ll *try* to narrow it down here…
– The Venue. Oh man, not only was it super adorable on the outside with gorgeous architecture and a red door, but the inside was WHITE with lots of natural light. A photographer’s d.r.e.a.m. (!!!!)
– I don’t think I can remember a wedding where I was so moved by the couple’s music choices. Both in the ceremony, first dances, dinner music, and reception–everything was so unique and meaningful. For real, my second shooter and I talked about it and I promised her I would text Claire to see if I could get a copy of the music list because it was that good. Claire, expect a message from me on that soon!
– All the speeches were *on point*! Good job, people, good job! One of Claire’s sisters opened with this: “It is a love based on giving and receiving as well as having and sharing. And the love that they give and have is shared and received. And through this having and giving and sharing and receiving, we too can share and love and have… and receive.” Friends fans, I see you out there!
– Can we say breakfast for dinner?!? Brinner! We had brinner for our wedding too and it is a crowd pleaser for sure.
– Jingle bell exit! What says Christmas more than that?
Claire and Bennett: Don’t be strangers. I would miss you too much! Many blessings to you guys for a life of more bliss than you could imagine! <3
Gosh, it was an awesome day! And thank you SO MUCH to the awesome vendor team linked below. Check them out!
Ceremony Venue: Morning Star Lutheran Chapel
Reception Venue: Lake Pointe Hall
Bride’s Hair and Makeup: Cindy Payne Hair Designs
Bridesmaids Hair and Makeup: Creations Hair and Makeup
DJ: A&A Disc Jockey
Florals: The Flower Boutique
Cake: Suarez Bakery
Catering: Cracker Barrel
Wedding Gown: David’s Bridal
Bridesmaids Dresses: Azazie
Groom & Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
Invitations: Sam’s Club